An exploration of vector graphics (i.e., digital, line-based, object-oriented graphics). Students will create their own illustrations on computer using Adobe Illustrator as well as incorporate analog (hand-created) imagery into a digital context. Photoshop will also be covered to a lesser extent. note: Photoshop is covered extensively in Raster Graphics.
2:00–3:15; T, R
Recommended textbook: Vector Basic Training by Von Glitschka
- jump drive (1 gig+ is ideal)
- sketch pad
- paper, pencil, and other supplies as needed.
- software proficiency
- visual problem-solving
demos, exercises, exams, projects.
A distinction is made between 1) exercises—typically limited in scope, based around a certain skill, and 2) projects—larger in scope, more time-intensive, and based on creative solutions to the design problem. Projects and exercises are weighted accordingly. Note: many exercises require in-class instruction and are difficult or impossible to make up at a later date.
- Project 1 // 100pts
- Project 2 // Vector Portrait // 100pts
- Project 3 // Pyschedelic Concert Poster // 100pts
- Project 4 // Information Graphic // 100pts
- Project 5 // Playing Cards // 100pts
- Final // 100 pts //
- Don't click on this link before 8am or your computer will explode.
variable credit 5-20 pts based on homework assignments and demos