Meggs' History of Graphic Design
by Philip B. Meggs and Alston W. Purvis, Publisher: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Identify key graphic design movements.
- List the key people, philosophies and influences of design movements.
- Draw the visual characteristics of distinct design movements.
- Gain a broad understanding of how contemporary design fits within a cultural and historical context.
Lecture-based with written examination and supportive projects.
- Tests (4) // 100pts
- Style Book // 100pts // style book grading list
- Project: Time Machine // 100pts
- Contemporary Style Presentation // 25 pts.
- Final // 125pts
L7 - Rococo
L8 - Woodtype Poster
L9 - Victorian // zipped folder
L10 - Arts & Crafts
L11 - Art Nouveau
L12 - Cubism and Futurism
L13 - Dadaism and Surrealism
L14 - Minimalism
L17 - more Bauhaus & ITS
L18 - Art Deco